The new legislation regarding who has access to government funding for IVF treatment has been released and it is very helpful to our patients.
These are the major changes in the legislation that affect patients groups trying to have a baby through IVF treatment:
- Single women, that have been approved for IVF treatment by the Board of Medically Assisted Reproduction
- Couples that have their IVF Treatment cycles cancelled before the embryo transfer stage
- Women that proceed with oocyte cryopreservation to preserve their fertility in the future
- Childless patients can apply for funding up to 4 times and patients with children can apply up to 2 times
The following groups will still be eligible for this funding:
- Married couples or civil partners
- Married couples or civil partners proceeding with surrogacy
It is important to note that in order to be eligible, the patients must comply with the following:
- They must be residing in Cyprus
- The female patient age limit is 50 years old
- The necessary approvals must be received by the Board, where needed
- Treatments must take place in Cyprus
For IVF treatments with embryo transfers, funding of €2,500 will be given
For oocyte cryopreservation and cancelled cycles before the embryo transfer stage, €2,000 will be given.
Natural cycle patients will receive €500.